Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Atkins Park
A dignified “mini” neighborhood, Atkins Parks is made up of a whopping three streets! Nevertheless, it is an engaged little neighborhood, in part because it’s involvement in the activities and associations of its larger neighbor, Virginia Highlands. Not to confuse the two, however, as the vibrant, noisy, and light-filled streets of Virginia Highlands are a stark contrast to its quiet and shaded neighbor, Atkins Park. This is why Atkins Park is considered to have the best of both words – its no more than a block away from some of the best restaurants and shopping in town, and yet it maintains a quiet and subdued elegance.
The homes of Atkins park are largely historic single family homes and are lush with greenery and gardens. Homes styles include Georgian Revival, Craftsman Bungalow, Spanish Eclectic, and English Tudor. Turnover is very rare, so if your heart is set on Atkins Park, don’t delay if you find your dream home!
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Springdale Park Elementary (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings)
- Walk Score: 89. Atkins Park is one of the most walkable neighborhoods in Atlanta. You can take care of all of your grocery, drug store, and dog needs in one fell swoop. In fact, driving to these places would be more of a hassle than walking, as parking in and around the Virginia Highlands area can be difficult.
- Atkisn Park is situated just north of Poncey Highland and south of Virginia Highands.
- The small neighborhood of Atkins Park is made up on only three streets: St. Louis Place, St. Augustine Place, and St. Charles Place.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Virginia Highlands Summerfest
- Festival on Ponce
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival
- Piedmont Park Summer Arts & Crafts Festival
- Music Midtown
- Dozens of eclectic boutiques, shopping, and restaurants along North Highland
- Must try Atkins Park Tavern, the oldest continuously licensed tavern in Atlanta
- New Highland Park – A small but quaint .41 acre park that borders North Highland Ave. Here, you can always find children playing in the field as well as book-worms, sunbathers, and the like.
- Piedmont Park – one of the largest and most popular parks in the city, Piedmont Park hosts many exciting annual festivals. It also has walking trails, tennis courts, basketball courts, volley ball courts, baseball fields, a lake for fishing, and even a dog park for Fido!
- Freedom Park – stretches like a “t” in all directions, providing multi-use paths that extend into several other neighborhoods such as Virginia Highlands, Inman Park, Old Fourth Ward, and Poncey Highlands.
Atkins Park Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: $429,207
- Compared to nearby Atlanta neighborhoods, Atkins Park is typical in price.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia for RE/MAX Regional Services, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in finding your dream home.