Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Avondale Estates
Avondale Estates is one of the few planned communities in the south, and the design was inspired by the birthplace of Shakespeare: Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, England. A large number of homes are Tudor style, but most unique is the Tudor-Revival architecture in the historic downtown district of Avondale Estates. There is nothing else quite like it in the city.
Avondale Estates is sought after for its more slow-paced, laid-back-kind-of-attitude. Residents enjoy the small town feel, and thrive in their tight-knit community. While the commercial district in downtown Avondale Estates has a few restaurants and consignment stores, when a night out on the town is on the agenda, residents love that downtown Decatur is just a short ways away.
Read An Avondale Estates Blog
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Druid Hills Middle School (View Ratings)
- Walk Score: 57. The neighborhod is somewhat walkable. There are a few restaurants and shops in downtown Avondale Estates, but if you’re looking for a fun night out on the town, Decatur Square is only a couple miles away.
- Take A Virtual Tour of the Charming Avondale Estates Tudor Downtown District!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- AutumnFest & AutumnEats – art and food vendors
- Halloween in Avondale Estates – annual competition to determine who has the spookiest house
- Christmas Tour of Homes and Holiday Market
- AJC Decatur Book Festival
- Lake Avondale Park – nature trails and a lake
- Midway Park – 22 acres. Baseball, softball, football, multi-use field, tennis courts, swimming pool, recreation center, playground, picnic area and nature walking trails
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average single family home sales: $259,921.
- Historic Tudor homes and new construction tend to start int the mid-$500s
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, Avondale Estates is less expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.