Every year, we all make a bunch of resolutions pertaining to money and health decisions… but what about our homes? These are the places we spend the majority of our time and it’s important to be as considerate of it as we are for our wallets and waistlines. However, if you follow these 5 easy resolutions for 2016, your home will be perfect in no time!
1. Do the easy fixes first. Whether it’s giving that spare bedroom a fresh coat of paint or finally getting around to fixing that leaky faucet, you should just get it taken care of. It will just save you annoyance and headaches down the road, and possibly some big bucks if you catch a bigger problem in the process!
2. Complete your big project by May. If there is a big home improvement task you wanted to complete by the end of the year, try to get it done before summer gets into gear. We all know things get hectic when school starts back in August, and before you know it, you will be celebrating the holidays all over again. So if you have to get the entire exterior of your home painted, or maybe replace all the windows for more energy efficient ones, you better take care of it before summer really heats up.
3. Host at least one event by fall. If you have a big party or get-together to prepare for, you are more likely to complete projects around your home you’ve been wanting to get done anyway. so go ahead and plan for some kind of celebration before Halloween hits, and you’ll already have it done!
4. Don’t just Spring clean. Summer, Fall, and Winter clean too. If you don’t save it all for one season, deep cleaning won’t be such a hassle. Try to tackle a deep clean every quarter and you’ll be surprised how much easier it gets each time.
5. Buy/Sell. Finally, you may be wanting a change of scenery. Or perhaps someone in your family got a job promotion, which is leading you to pack up and make the move. Be sure to follow these steps if you plan to sell in the near future… it will save you some headache!
Also, be sure to check out our latest listings for the North Atlanta area at www.NorthAtlantahomeTeam.com!