Winter in North Atlanta is a beautiful thing, and there are several fun ways to celebrate the season around town. While these certainly aren’t the only holiday activities around Atlanta, they are my top 5!
1. Visit the ice skating rink at Avalon in Alpharetta and show off your skills! The rink is open from November 22 – January 24 with plenty of events like Neon Skate and Disco Skate. If you have little ones, make sure to stop by Santa’s workshop while at Avalon!
2. See Santa at the Georgia Aquarium during the Festival of the Season! The aquarium offers a visit with Santa, breakfast with Santa, and even Scuba Santa! Festival of the SEAson goes through Christmas Day.
3. Visit some historic holiday-decorated homes of Roswell. Barrington Hall, Bulloch Hall, and the Smith Plantation all offer holiday tours and events throughout December. Learn more here!
4. Check out the Magical Nights of Lights at Lake Lanier. This driving tour displays gorgeous light design around the lake and runs through January 3.
5. Sit back and enjoy the classic Nutcracker by the Atlanta Ballet! The Nutcracker is pretty much synonymous with the Christmas season and you will not be disappointed by this performance at the historic Fox Theatre.
Hope you all have a wonderful season! Wishing you a lovely holiday and New Year from the North Atlanta Home Team!