Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Brookhaven
Just east of the luminous Buckhead, Brookhaven is a large affluent suburban-like city located inside the perimeter. It is ideal for individuals and families wanting the convenience of the city, without the notorious noise and congestion.
Developed in the early 1900s, Brookhaven is Atlanta’s oldest country club and planned golf course community. The neighborhood is home to primarily Tudor, Georgian Revival, and Colonial style homes.
For all you shoppers, Brookhaven offers a quick ride to three of the largest malls in the Atlanta area: Lenox Square Mall, Phipps Plaza, and Perimeter Mall. Further, it is home to an excellent private university, Oglethorpe University, which bears an uncanny resemblance to Hogwarts (in fact, Oglethorpe annually celebrates “Hogwarts Day” in which students and visitors can enjoy a game of quidditch, butter beer, and the likes).
In 2012, Town Brookhaven was completed, which is a large live-work-play development featuring a variety of restaurants (you must try the tapas!), boutiques, a dine-in theatre, retail shopping, grocery stores, and luxury apartments.
Read A Brookhaven Blog
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Walk Score: 32. While certainly not ranked very high, walk-ability of the neighborhood improves the closer you get to Peachtree Rd. Most shops, restaurants, and activities are located on Peachtree.
- Easy access to all of the major highways – GA 400, 1-85, I-285, and the I-75/I-85 Connector – making it especially desirable for commuters.
- Brookhaven Marta Station is a convenient access point to the most popular areas inside the city and even extending outside the perimeter into Dunwoody.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Brookhaven Chili Cook-Off
- Brookhaven Arts Festival
- Brookhaven Farmers Market – runs during the Spring and Summer
- Brookhaven Beer Fest
- Brookhaven Bolt
- Town Brookhaven – boutiques, movie theatre, restaurants, grocery shopping
- Lenox Mall, Phipps Mall, Perimeter Mall
- Blackburn Park – baseball, tennis center (18 lighted courts and a pro shop), walking trails, soccer, multi-use fields
- Brookhaven Park
- Capital City Country Club
- Lynwood Park – playground, picnic area, pool, basketball
- Murphy Candler Park – 135 acres; multi-use fields, tennis courts, a swimming pool, a playground, picnic areas, a lake, and trails. Youth sports: baseball, softball, and football programs
- Peachtree Golf Club
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Median home sales: $450,000
- Historic Brookhaven Average home sales: $1,252,438.00
- Compared to median home sales in Atlanta, Brookhaven is more expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.