Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Candler Park
One of neatest things about Candler Park has to do with the layout of this beautiful neighborhood. Candler Park connects on the west side to the Freedom Park Trail which in turn connects to Freedom Park! Freedom Park stretches like a “t” in all directions, providing multi-use bike/walking paths that extend into several other neighborhoods such as Virginia Highlands, Inman Park, Old Fourth Ward and Poncey Highlands. Even in the cold, Atlantans take advantage of these great paths, and can be seen running, biking, and skateboarding throughout the day.
Candler Park also boasts a 9-hole golf course, which is flanked on the east side by gorgeous craftsman style homes and on the north side by the Stone Mountain Trail (another multi-use bike/walking trail – have I mentioned how much I love this city!).
If you make your way past the golf course and turn south on Clifton Rd, it won’t be long before you stumble upon Flying Biscuit, a market, and a couple of other shops. You’ll feel it’s a bit out of place in this lovely neighborhood featuring rows of bungalows, craftsman style homes, and Tudor homes, but that’s the point. This corner of yummy food and fun is a place of local pride for the folks that live there. Ask anyone that lives in Candler Park where the neighborhood is located, and the first thing they’ll say is it’s next to the Flying Biscuit (which often is not all that helpful for visitors!).
If you’re not in the mood for omelettes and bacon, continue west down McLendon for about a mile and behold Little Five Points! Fun! In fact, that’s one of the best parts of Candler Park – walk a mile in nearly any direction and you’re sure to have stumbled into something exciting. Go ahead – try!
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Mary Lin Elementary School (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings
- Walk Score: 75. While there are a couple of restaurants, markets, and boutiques in the neighborhood, you’ll probably need to bike or drive to nearby neighborhoods for grocery shopping and other essential errands
- Conveniently located just 3 miles east of I-85/I-75 and 2 miles north of I-20
- Easy access to Moreland Ave, Ponce de Leon Ave., and Dekalb Ave.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Midsummer Music and Food Festival
- Fall Fest
- Sweetwater 420 Fest
- Inman Park Festival
- Atlanta Dogwood Festival
- Little 5 Points Halloween Festival
- Little 5 Fest
- Candler Park – swimming pool, football & soccer field, basketball courts, tennis courts, playground
- Freedom Park – greenspace, multi-use trails
- Olmstead Linear Park – 5 connected linear parks totaling 45 acres; provides walking trails and a “hiking/back-packing” ambiance
- Fernbank Forest – A constituent of the Fernbank Musuem of Natural History, this forest totals 65 acres and is available for self-guided walking tours.
- Lake Claire Park – playground, tennis courts, and greenspace
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: mid-$400s; range from the mid-$200s to the low $800s
- Median New(er) construction home sales: $722,000.
- Compared to nearby Atlanta neighborhoods, Candler Park is more expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia for RE/MAX Regional Services, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in finding your dream home.