Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Centennial Hill
A large live-work-play neighborhood, Centennial Hill is smack-dab in downtown, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park, and home to such renowned attractions as World of Coca-Cola, Imagine it! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta, and Georgia Aquarium. The re-development of this neighborhood began in the early to mid-2000s, which included the construction of the three attractions named above, and led to a resurgence of the area. Additional developments have included construction of new condos and townhouses.
Needless to say, this is a very walkable neighborhood – to work, to home, to shopping, dining, and even the occasional touristy attraction that all natives must eventually subject themselves to. The MARTA train is nearby, as well as most major interstates for those days when driving is the only option.
If living in the city is your thing, this could be the place for you. Although the neighborhood can be a bit “touristy” due to the nearby attractions, the location is outstanding. High rise condos and skyscrapers flank you on all sides, the streets are loud and jovial with business persons walking to and from their appointments, and the food emanating from the restaurants and food carts you pass will be hard to dismiss. Moreover, Centennial Olympic Park runs events frequently, ranging from weekly food markets and concerts, to ice skating during the winter months and major holiday celebrations such as the 4th of July.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Centennial Place Elementary (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings)
- Walk Score: 86. Located in the northern hemisphere of Downtown, it’s hard to find a more walk-friendly area. While traffic here may be congested, you can feel good knowing that you can rely on your legs to get you most places.
- Nearby Neighborhoods: Downtown, Marietta Street Artery, SoNo
- Boundary Lines: North Ave (N), 75/85 Connector (E), Baker St (S), Luckie St (W)
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- World of Coca-Cola
- Imagine it! The Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- Georgia Aquarium
- Music Midtown
- CL Best of Atlanta Party
- Party in the Park
- 4th of July Party
- Wednesday WindDown
- Centennial Olympic Park – The park sits on the Southside of Centennial Hill, and hosts numerous events and festivals, with many named above. There are also weekly markets and music concerts during the warmer months.
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average townhome/condo sales: $160,312
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, Centennial Hill is less expensive
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.