Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: East Atlanta
The heart and soul of this neighborhood is the East Atlanta Village (EAV); it’s the business district that is located at the intersection of Flat Shoals and Glenwood Avenue. Dubbed the “Best Kept Secret in Atlanta” by the Washington Post, the EAV (with each letter spoken…not to be confused with saying “eve”) is beloved by those who live in the neighborhood but almost unheard of by those who live outside of the neighborhood.
The EAV has a similar energy as Little Five Points. The people are laid-back, tattooed, skinny-jean wearing folk who care deeply about their neighborhood. The Village is home to eclectic shops and restaurants, including a used bookstore, I.V. drips of caffeine (a.k.a a coffee shop), a couple of nightclubs, a music store, and several music venues where you can listen to live music nearly every night of the week over some yummy grub (e.g., see The Earl).
East Atlanta is especially attractive to young adults and investors for its affordability. Typical homes include Bungalows, post-war ranch style homes, and new(er) Craftsman homes. Commuters, too are especially fond of this area, as it provides quick and easy access to the major highways, such as I-20 and the I-75/85 Connector.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Walk Score: 52. If being within walking distance to shops, pubs, and restaurants are a priority for you, then you’ll want to find a home near the East Atlanta Village, which is located on the west side of the neighborhood.
- Bumps right up to 1-20 and Moreland Ave.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- East Atlanta Beer Festival – non-profit event held every year on the last weekend of May, with all proceeds poured back into the community
- EAV Farmers Market
- East Atlanta Strut
- Bronwood Park – tennis, volleyball, basketball, community garden, picnic area, grills, playground, trails
- Grant Park – trails & Atlanta Zoo
- Dekalb Memorial Park – baseball, multi-use athletic field, basketball, tennis, playground, picnic area
- Walker Park – tennis
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: $175,619
- Fully renovated homes: High $300s
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, East Atlanta is less expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia for RE/MAX Regional Services, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.