Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Edgewood
Edgewood is a hidden gem. Between the neighborhood’s outstanding location and its affordability, Edgewood is highly favored by first time home buyers and investors. The neighborhood has experienced dramatic growth since 2005, when the tastefully designed Edgewood Retail District was constructed. Now, people flock to the neighborhood for the one-stop shopping that includes a Barnes and Noble, Target, Kroger, Office Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond, Petco, Ross, and many other popular stores in addition to some delicious eateries. With the addition of this multi-use development, combined with the location and convenience of the neighborhood, Edgewood is one of the fastest growing neighborhoods in the city.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Whitefoord Elementary (View Ratings)
- Coan Middle School (View Ratings)
- Crim High School (View Ratings
- Walk Score: 69. The neighborhood is just south of the hip and trendy Little Five Points and the affluent Candler Park, making Edgewood just a short walk or bike ride to Freedom Park, Candler Park (and its Golf Course), boutiques, dining, and all other sorts of fun.
- Conveniently located just 3 miles east of Downtown and 5 miles southeast from Midtown
- Easy access to Moreland Ave, Memorial Dr., and I-20.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Edgewood Electronic Music Fest
- Whitefoord Fall Festival
- Edgewood Shopping District
- Little Five Points Shopping District
- Inman Park Festival
- East Atlanta Strut
- Kirkwood Spring Fling Festival
- Candler Park – golf, tennis, pool, playground, basketball court, football/soccer field, walking trails
- Freedom Park – walking trails
- Inman Park – playground, walking trails
- Coan Park – basketball court, rec center, tennis court, stage/amphitheater, baseball field, multi-use field
Edgewood Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: mid-$100s.
- Fully renovated homes: mid to high $200s.
- Compared to nearby Atlanta neighborhoods, Edgewood is highly affordable.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia for RE/MAX Regional Services, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in finding your dream home.