Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Lake Claire
A small neighborhood that is unfortunately too often overlooked due to its larger and more well-known adjacent neighborhoods, Lake Claire is one of Atlanta’s best kept secrets. Intimate and close-knit, the neighbors of Lake Claire know each other by name. Despite what you may think, there isn’t actually a lake in this neighborhood; the neighborhood name is derived from the intersection of Lakeshore Drive and Claire Drive. Nevertheless, the residents share an inside joke with bumper stickers proclaiming, “Ski Lake Claire!”
The neighborhood, which is made up of about 1,200 homes, is lush in foliage and decorated with craftsman style bungalows, contemporary folk and Tudor style homes, and cottages. The neighborhood boasts award-wining schools and an outstanding location.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Mary Lin Elementary School (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings)
- Walk Score: 60. The neighborhood is somewhat walkable. While Lake Claire is solely a residential neighborhood, the surrounding areas offer restaurants and boutiques that are just a short bike ride or walk away. The popular Flying Biscuit and Fellini’s Pizza can be found only a few blocks west in Candler Park.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Peace and Love Fest at the Land Trust
- Midsummer Music and Food Festival
- Fall Fest
- Sweetwater 420 Fest
- Inman Park Festival
- AJC Decatur Book Festival
- Spring Fling & Tour of Homes
- Little 5 Points Halloween Festival
- Little 5 Fest
- Lake Claire Park – tennis courts, a playground, and an open field.
- Harold Avenue Greenspace – lovely wildlife garden that is maintained by the community
- Freedom Park – multi-use trails
- Candler Park – tennis, basketball, swimming pool, golf, playground
- Olmsted Linear Park
- Stone Mountain Trail
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: $456,191.
- Homes typically range from the low $300s for a small(er) bungalow upwards to the mid $900s for new construction or a stately, fully restored home.
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, Lake Claire is more expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.