Little Five Points
Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Little Five Points
Hands down, Little 5 Points (L5P) is the best spot in Atlanta for people-watching. Primarily a commercial district, L5P is conveniently located in the center of several excellent neighborhoods and surrounded by parks on all sides but the south.
Outfitted with murals and skull-shaped restaurants, L5P is unique in every way. Notorious for it’s alternative, quirky crowd and eclectic mix of shops and restaurants, the bright and colorful neighborhood does not disappoint. In fact, it holds the #16 ranking for the Best Hipster Neighborhoods, according to Forbes.
L5P tips cultural norms on it’s head, by which I mean, you might stand out if you’re unpierced and tattooless. Regardless, the crowd is relaxed and typically absorbed in the music that the group of the day is playing on the street corner of Euclid and Moreland. L5P is rich in it’s arts & music history and places much emphasis on the theater. In addition, L5P is home to the oldest independent feminist bookstore in the country, Charis Books and More, which you can’t help but be drawn to (if, for nothing, else than because it’s in a purple bungalow!). Other focal points of L5P include Junkman’s Daughter, which sells the most bizarre and wacky chachkas. In fact, it’s become a pretty big deal in the region and many celebrities -Steven Tyler, Outkast, Avril Lavigne, and more – make a point of combing through the superstore while in town.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Mary Lin Elementary (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings)
- Walk Score: 86. Very Walkable! If you live in or near L5P, you never have to drive to anything. Pick up groceries at Sevananda (sev-en-awn-da), a co-op natural foods market that sells fresh and affordable organic foods. There are a couple of coffee houses, several restaurants and pubs, and plenty of shopping.
- Easy access to Moreland Ave, Dekalb Ave., and Ponce de Leon Ave.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Little 5 Points Halloween Festival & Parade – an annual event and one of the most highly rated Halloween events in the country!
- 7 stages, Horizon Theater Company, Dad’s Garage Theater – theater and popular improv comedy shows
- Junkman’s Daughter
- Inman Park Festival
- Festival on Ponce
- Sweetwater 420 Festival
- Candler Park Fall Fest
- In general, you can spend an entire day eating and shopping your way through L5P
- Candler Park – tennis, basketball, golf, swimming, playground, picnic area
- Freedom Park & Trail
- Inman Park
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- While there are a few loft and townhome communities in L5P, single family homes are primarily located in the nearby Inman Park and Candler Park neighborhoods
- Average home sales: $470,299
- Average loft/townhomes: $280,020
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, L5P is more expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.