Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Poncey Highland
Poncey-Highlands is named for – you guessed it! – the intersection at Ponce de Leon and North Highland Ave. The neighborhood is a small, but friendly and hip part of town that is popular for its night life scene and it’s many restaurants and shops. As the neighborhood is primarily commercial, homes in Poncey Highland are few and far between, and turnover is low. If you see a home you have to have, don’t wait to move on it! Typical homes in the neighborhood include large historic homes and bungalows. Schools in the neighborhood are some of the best in the city.
Stay tuned in for information about the redevelopment of the Ponce City Market one of the biggest redevelopment undertakings in the country. The Ponce City Market, which borders Poncey-Highlands on the west, will transform over a million square feet into shopping, dining, galleries, and residential housing. Moreover, the Atlanta Beltline, which is adjacent to the Ponce City Market and runs directly through Poncey-Highlands, provides miles of multi-use trails, and in the future, pedestrian friendly public transit.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Springdale Park Elementary (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings
- Walk Score: 86. Poncey Highland is the THIRD most walkable neighborhood in Atlanta! Tons of shopping, restaurants, boutiques, and parks all within walking distance.
- Nearby Neighborhoods: Virginia Highland, Inman Park, Candler Park, Old Fourth Ward
- Easy access to Moreland Ave, Ponce de Leon Ave., and Freedom Pkwy.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Festival on Ponce
- Virginia Highlands Summerfest
- Inman Park Festival
- Plaza Theatre -the oldest movie theatre in the city that has been in continuous operation. On a Friday night, be sure to check out the Rocky Horror Picture Show, which always boasts an animated and lively crowd.
- Manuel’s Tavern – Rated as Atlanta’s best bar numerous times by various organizations.
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum
- Freedom Park & Trail
- Inman Park – playground, paved pathways, greenspace
- Historic Fourth Ward Park – skate park, athletic field, playground
- Candler Park – basketball, tennis, playground, pool, picnic area, golf, and athletic field, paved paths
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: $416,555
- New Construction Homes: $700s +/-
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, Poncey Highland is more expensive
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.