Your Intown Atlanta Neighborhood Guide: Virginia Highland
Virginia Highland is unlike any other neighborhood in the city. Voted “Favorite Neighborhood Overall” by Atlanta Magazine and “Best Walkable Neighborhood” by Creative Loafing, Virginia Highland is a winner. When visitors ask me for a restaurant recommendation, I inevitably send them to Virginia Highland because you get so much more than a tasty dinner. You can walk for miles along Highland Avenue exploring boutiques, coffee houses, and ice cream parlors. In fact, there are 7 “villages” spread out along Highland Ave, with each offering a unique palette of dining and shopping. It’s a lively and active area that families and young professionals alike are drawn to.
The Virginia Highland real estate market is in high demand, as the area offers excellent public school systems, walkability, and close proximity to Midtown. In addition, people are drawn to the charming bungalows and craftsman style homes that populate the neighborhood.
Search Real Estate For Sale
- Springdale Park Elementary (View Ratings)
- Morningside Elementary (View Ratings)
- Inman Middle School (View Ratings)
- Grady High School (View Ratings
- Walk Score: 72. One of the Most Walkable neighborhoods in Atlanta! There isn’t much that isn’t within walking distance of this lively neighborhood. Click here for a list of restaurants in the neighborhood, and join the many residents who make it their goal to try every single one.
- Have to see it to believe it? Now you can take a Virtual Tour of the Neighborhood!
View Larger Map
Things To Do / Local Events & Activities
- Virginia Highland Summerfest and Tour of Homes
- Dogwood Festival
- Morningside Farmers Market
- Restaurants, Restaurants, Restaurants!
- Piedmont Park – one of the largest parks in Atlanta, this large greenspace in Midtown has it all and more
- John Howell Park – playground, picnic area
- Orme Park – playground, 6.6 acres of greenspace
Real Estate Market Snapshot
- Average home sales: mid-600s
- Prices generally range from the mid-300s for a small (non-updated) bungalow and into the millions for a newer construction or restored home
- Compared to average home sales in Atlanta, Virginia Highland is more expensive.
Who We Are
The Weiner Group is one of the largest producers of sales and transactions with the Atlanta Board of Realtors, with over 100 transactions and 30 Million in volume for the last year. Ranked #2 in the state of Georgia and in the Top 100 Nationally for RE/MAX, we continue to proudly serve buyers and sellers in the Atlanta market. The Weiner Group provides a very focused, personal and professional approach to each and every customer. We want your home buying or selling experience to be the best that it can be, and we won’t stop working until you are completely satisfied. Please feel free to give us a call or send us an email and it would be our pleasure to assist you in selling or finding your dream home.